Total Pageviews

Friday, August 20, 2010

Malaysian Salsa Festival 2010 (Set 3 of 3)

I'm not too sure what the others are saying but if you ask me, I'm hoping that MSF will continue in 1Malaysia. With all the racism, bigotry and terrorism, salsa in a strong way, unites us. We leave behind racist sentiments when we focus on the rich Latin, Afro-Carribean and Cuban culture through it's music and dance. Along the way, most of us have made this culture a very very large part of us and what we do. Allow me to quote a phrase plastered on the 2009 Malaysian Salsa Congress t-shirt: "La salsa es me vida" - Geraldo Rosales. Go figure.

Anyways, whatever happens, MSF 2010 has been a wild ride for me, albeit a little short, and I guess in many ways, I'm going to remember this one particularly...  ;-)

"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
- I don't know who you are Edwin Denby, but you're one smart cookie... -

I'll sign off for now. Cheers and Gawd bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment