Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nostalgia Mania Part 5: Chinese New Year February 2010

Whaddayaknow? Has it already been 1 whole year since the last CNY? Time flies when you're bogged down with work I guess. In retrospect, the following pictures were shot with my much-loved and trusty Canon EOS 1000D. If I recall correctly, I was also sporting the Tamron SP 28-75mm f/2.8. Ooohhh... and by the way - the reason why I look upon this set so fondly is also because some of the last few shots were taken with my dearly beloved Tamron SP 70-200 f/2.8.

The following photos were pretty much shot in sequence:
1. We stopped-over at Bidor for fruits;
2. Caught some clouds along the way;
3. Headed straight to, and checked-in the Oriental Star @ Lumut;
4. Stopped by Dad's Sister's crib (and shot a bunch of kids);
5. Went to late-Granparent's house in Kampung Koh @ Setiawan;
6. Attended a fancy dinner of the octogenarian dad of a local big-shot;
7. Visited an old friend (who later in the year got married); and finally
8. We left for home - No pictures there.

As a stranger once mentioned (correctly I might add), these pictures probably would not have a smidgen of sentimental value to viewers. However, the purpose of the 'Nostalgia Mania' series is merely a form a sharing (for the viewers) and self-reflection (for my photography) - both of which give me great joy.

These pictures below are in no way my best work - but at the time, with what I knew then, I was happy and proud of what I did, and what I aspired to do. So with this, I hope you enjoy viewing this as much I enjoyed reminiscing about it.




 
 
 

 



 
 

 
 
 




 

 

 

 



For those of you who like statistics:
Vital Stats for February: 6 posts 306 pics
Vital Stats So Far: 52 posts 2,124 pics


Disclaimer: The views published in the above photoblog are the author's and the author's alone. If readers are not agreeable with the above views, well, you can bugger-off. All rights are reserved for the photos and the article itself. This article may be reproduced with permission of the author for private or public usage, or other forms of general mayhem. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment