Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

UNLEASHED 2011!

So how was your weekend? Mine? Well, let me see how I can describe it:

Fit men, and REALLY fit women.

That's the only fitting way to describe the Saturday on 22nd January 2011 at the Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Resort. What's up with that? When a good friend of mine, Raj Steven and a few friends (a great and dedicated team) decided to organize a Fitness Event, Raj was kind enough to remember me and invited yours truly to cover the event.

For the first time, I was actually able to use my 'guns' joke - they brought their guns, and I brought mine (Canon - haha, but seriously). I love that line from the movie 'Faster' where a bouncer was patting down Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson before letting him into a gentleman's club, when he said to The Rock, "You got any guns on you, beside these?" (Gives The Rock's biceps a squeeze). Haha.

On the more serious side, this shoot was rather challenging because it was not my usual portrait or event shot. Being a fitness workshop, I had to take shots of the entire group, in low, orange light and red carpets - this will totally mess up the white balance. I can take several huge group shots (as shown in my previous events) all by my lonesome and 1/1 flash power, but for the whole day? Not enough batteries for that. I had to then compensate for that by using custom settings on the camera the whole while.

Anyways, the event was the most fun I had since the Malaysian Salsa Festival 2010 in May (I think). The workshops reminded me of exactly that. The instructors were totally AMPED! The morning started out really early with Rosli conducting a High (Impact) - Low (Impact) workshop. This was followed by Diamond from Nigeria doing Cardio Boxing. This dude was totally fit. Next up was the amazing Gillian a.k.a Baby-G strutting her stuff with some sexy moves and amazing body movements. After that we had Simone with Core Exercises. This was followed by a CRAZY Stephan with some mad jazz dance steps. He had so much energy, I felt tired just shooting him. Finally we had an amazing Riyo, doing body balance exercises and some zen mind relaxation stuff. All in all, an amazing experience for me!

Well, here are a few shots of the event, posted of course with permission from the organizers!







 







For those of you who like statistics:
Vital Stats for February: 1 posts 12 pics 
Vital Stats So Far: 47 posts 1,830 pics

Disclaimer: The views as stated in this photoblog are the author's and the author's alone. All rights are reserved for the pictures and the articles. Pictures of the events are reproduced with authorization from the organizers of the event. If you're not happy with this arrangement, we can take it outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment