Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bentong Waterfalls [19-3-2011]

"Don't go chasing waterfalls." What the heck is that supposed to mean anyways? Whatever. That's exactly what we did.

We firstly had a stop-over at an eating joint Joe brought us to - Yee Fatt is it's name. Food was decent, although I admit that it was nothing particularly special. Price was so-so. The prices were not expensive although I'm certain that we've had cheaper lunches. Apparently they were famous for their pork belly dish (which we tried). I don't have a particular preference to pork bellies but I couldn't help but throw a thought at another friend, Ruben Enbasegaram (a pork fanatic) while eating.

The waterfalls itself was a right decent sight. Surely it was no Niagara but for a spoilt city boy like myself, it was reasonably impressive. Plus it had 'ZON MERBAHAYA' signs all over the place (which of course, to boys, makes it more appealing). Immediately the words to the Top Gun movie theme sprang to mind: "Highway to the Danger Zone. Gonna take the highway to the Danger Zone!"

I had some decent shots there and it was really great fun. Played to fool most of the time to the amusement of my friends. Helpful to take my mind off the fact that for the past year and a half or so some salsa friends who claimed to be friends turned out to be backstabbing little c... Nevermind that.

My fun that day was a little doused by the fact that I fell holding my camera. I was a little cut-up in the fall but my camera TFT screen appeared to be cracked in a bad way. What a kill-joy. However, some good news! After sending it to the Canon Service Centre in Peremba Square, they found that only the super-thick screen protector I had on was destroyed. The magnesium body of the 50D held out and so did the TFT screen. Take THAT Canon EOS 60D!
































For those of you who like statistics:
Vital Stats for March: 4 posts 162 pics
Vital Stats So Far: 57 posts 2,356 pics


Disclaimer: The views published in the above photoblog are the author's and the author's alone. If readers are not agreeable with the above views, well, you can bugger-off. All rights are reserved for the photos and the article itself. This article may be reproduced with permission of the author for private or public usage, or other forms of general mayhem. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment