Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Broga Hill Challenge [17-5-2011]

Allow me to quote a friend and fellow salsero, Mr. Aaron Fan. "The real challenge is to wake up at 5 a.m."

And that we did. I personally slept for about 2 hours, woke up and drove to our meeting point 15 minutes late at 5.45 a.m. Some of us had a super-quick bite and we took off for Semenyih at about 6 a.m. We arrived at Broga at about 7 a.m. We started our ascent almost immediately. We were well aware we would not be catching the sunrise, but that didn't really matter since I wasn't particularly interested in shooting the sunrise (I'm more of a sunset kinda-guy).

I've seen countless numbers of photographs of Broga Hill and there has been many good shots of the area. I'm NOT talking about shots of friends smiling and posing. Those are "thanks-for-the-memories" kinda shots. I'm talking about landscape photography. That's why I was so gung-ho about lugging a ridiculous amount of equipment all the way the Hill in order to find something interesting to shoot. Hopefully my 'camera-eye' can find something nice along the way.

This is my first time up Broga Hill (Broga-Virgin no more!) and I needed to get used to the fact that I was climbing up a bloody mountain. OK, I'm exaggerating. It was only a Hill. But I am more used to steps (Batu Caves anyone?). My cheap, brand-less hiking shoes (with spikes) worked wonders but I developed nasty blisters on account of me not wearing any socks. Don't ask me why.

Anyways, I have a few pictures of the morning. I hope to be able to represent the raw beauty of nature in and around Broga Hill, along with some general misbehavior and mayhem from the participants of course. By the way, Happy Wesak Day!

Participants Honour Roll (in no particular order, save for my sketchy memory):
Aaron, Rizal, Ini (Rizal's nephew), Diyana, Emily, Denise, Lai Heng, Arin, Jamiliah, U Joe, Jen Chong. Now did I forget anyone?  :-)





































For those of you who like statistics:
Vital Stats for May: 6 post 254 pics
Vital Stats So Far: 75 posts 3,042 pics

Disclaimer: The views published in the above photoblog are the author's and the author's alone. If readers are not agreeable with the above views, well, you can bugger-off. All rights are reserved for the photos and the article itself. This article may be reproduced with permission of the author for private or public usage, or other forms of general mayhem. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment